Friday, August 18, 2006

Think Progress � Mainstream TV Media Drops The Ball On NSA Ruling, Instead Devotes Attention To JonBenet Ramsey

Think Progress � Mainstream TV Media Drops The Ball On NSA Ruling, Instead Devotes Attention To JonBenet Ramsey

I didn't think about this until today, but yes indeed it is suspiciously convenient how this arrest comes right after the NSA ruling, effectively snatching headlines and primetime news stories away from such an important story. If this is indeed a result of political manipulation, we are in deep, deep trouble.

I too was manipulated to a large degree by this coincidence: I didn't think too much about the ruling, because there just wasn't much reaction soon after it broke. The headline caught my attention via the Latest Headlines button in Firefox, and I knew it was major. But soon after my attention was grabbed by the Ramsey announcement, and the ripple-effect through my entire blogroll. Hopefully the public isn't fooled for long, and this story gets the attention it deserves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home