Thursday, October 05, 2006

Bush Says the Darndest Things: Friday Edition

I also understand how tender the free enterprise system can be.
--George w. Bush

White House press conference, Washington, D.C.
07/08/2002


Jesus....tender??

Isn't the free enterprise system really more meaty? More, I don't know, chewy?

I'm guessing this quote was speaking about how free enterprise is somehow actually very caring about people, and somehow brings out the best in people to help those in need. And if so, I'd have to disagree, wholeheartedly. In fact, I think this quote is in fact disinformation, designed to trick people into thinking free markets aren't by design cold, uncaring entities completely separate from the realm of human emotion.

If this is what Bush means by "tender", he's either an incredibly bold liar, or he's really stupid.

Let's review: People can be tender; economic systems can't, shouldn't, and don't.

Got it, W?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home