Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Bush Says the Darndest Things: Miserable Rainy Day Edition

It is really, really fucking cold today. It is lightly raining, but the sky is grey and seems like it only goes about 20 feet up. It's the kind of cold that soaks through your clothes.

So to cheer us up, we have this gem via the Chimp-O-Matic.


I think --tide turning --see, as I remember --I was raised in the desert, but tides kind of --it's easy to see a tide turn --did I say those words?
--George w. Bush

Washington, DC
06/14/2006


Beautiful. A little glimpse of self-reflection, perhaps? Is it possible Bush is actually aware of the absurdity of his speeches. Does he actually stop and think, "my God, I can't believe I can get away with this bullshit..."

It reminds me of the long forgotten "potted plant" comment he made once while stumping during his first term. Letterman showed it on his show once, and it seemed like Bush had a seizure or something. He became extremely confused and made some obscure reference to him not being a "potted plant". Is it a coincidence that these rare moments of raw truth only appear when he is taken off-guard, or seems particularly stressed?

Someone has suggested that he only gets tongue tied when he doesn't believe in what he is saying, and this quote supports this hypothesis. Bush is not so incompetent that he doesn't know when he's full of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home